cutting in reverse

Page 5 of 8
On 2016-05-22 5:52 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Your display of personal ignorance does not mean it doesn't happen.
http://www.amputee-coalition.org/lawn-mower-accidents-cause-needless-amputations/
https://www.verywell.com/lawn-mower-accidents-2633674
http://www.adph.org/injuryprevention/index.asp?idD69
http://fox4kc.com/2015/06/02/more-children-being-treated-for-lawn-mower-related-injuries-than-in-past/
https://canadasafetycouncil.org/campaigns/dont-get-mowed-down-how-avoid-lawn-mower-injuries
So just because your head is stuck in the sand does not mean it doesn't happen.
--
"It's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle if it's
been through a blender first.

Find out how many times someone has cut a lawn without accidents, and express the above as a percentage. Then get back to us and have a reasoned discussion.
--
Mary had a little lamb
And nothing much besides.
On 05/22/2016 05:52 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Yah, kids don't use lawnmowers they play video games. Sheeeesh!

Do Americans still do those "chore" things? When I was a kid in the UK, I was always amazed that American kids had to do regular work around the house. If UK kids did anything like that, they were paid for it, or they refused to do it.
--
Doctor: "Ask the accident victim his name so we can notify his family."
Nurse: "I did! He said his family already knows his name."
On 05/23/2016 05:00 AM, Mr Macaw wrote:
[snip]

When I was a kid in central US, I wished my parents wanted me to mow the lawn.
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

Because you found it a fun thing to do? Because you were bored? Because they made you do worse things?
--
Love conquers all, except in tennis.

On Sunday, May 22, 2016 at 7:52:36 AM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I know of two.
When I was very small, the neighbor's kid was hit by a thrown stone and killed.
So that's one.
Because of that, my Dad refused to ever have a power mower, so I mowed the lawn with a manual push mower until I left the house.
that's two.

Which wouldn't have been helped by any kind of cutout switch.
A push mower can throw a stone just as easily. Neither of them would usually kill anyone. Probably just as likely to be killed by a fly entering your eye while cycling, causing you to be temporarily blinded and crash headlong into a tree.

How is it two? You weren't injured.
--
What comes after 69?
Mouthwash.
On Monday, May 23, 2016 at 11:23:59 AM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

Whoosh!
On Mon, 23 May 2016 09:18:33 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

It works on muscle power.
On Monday, May 23, 2016 at 12:24:43 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Clare, just curious...
This is the second time today that you have responded to *my* response to Mr. Birdbrain with a comment that seems to be directed at him.
I don't mind hearing from you, but I'm wondering why you aren't responding directly to his (ridiculous) posts instead of mine.
On Mon, 23 May 2016 09:56:34 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

On Monday, May 23, 2016 at 7:05:47 PM UTC-4, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

That's funny because he doesn't see mine!
On Mon, 23 May 2016 16:50:16 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

Uh.... if you plonked me, that means YOU don't see ME, not the other way round. Are you thinking of facebook?
--
Phone answering machine message: 'If you want to buy marijuana, press the hash key.'

On 5/23/2016 7:52 PM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Clare, plonking someone doesn't mean he doesn't see YOUR posts.
Hoo? Hoo sees your posts? I don't know. Hoo? I don't know Hoo sees your posts.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

BS - just what others respond to. I don't care if the idiot sees my posts or not.
On 24/05/2016 05:04, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

;-)
--
Bod

It only confuses stupid folk like Clare.
--
Peter is listening to "Hollywood Undead - Turn Out The Lights"

On 5/24/2016 12:04 AM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Please read that again, slowly. "He doesn't see mine because I plonked him ages ago."
Subject: He (Mcaw) doesn't see mine (Clare) (object of mine, being "my posts") because I plonked him (Mcaw) ages ago.
In other words, that's what YOU just WROTE.
--
.
Christopher A. Young