cutting in reverse

Page 3 of 8

A gun has no use apart from killing. Other things they try to regulate like mowers and cars do.
--
You know you're getting old when:
Your friends compliment you on your new alligator shoes and you're barefoot.

I have. My kid brother lost a finger. on a push mower.
On 5/22/2016 9:34 AM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Sorry to hear that. Do you encourage the mandatory safeties on mowers? Do you ever tell people how to bypass safeties?
--
.
Christopher A. Young

I bypassed the two handed switch system on my hedge trimmer. Now I can reach at arm's length to cut further.
--
Beyond a critical point within a finite space, freedom diminishes as numbers increase...the human question is not how many can possibly survive within the system, but what kind of existence is possible for those who do survive. -- Frank Herbert (Dune)

On 5/22/2016 4:34 PM, Mr Macaw wrote:

What if there is a child with a long nose standing on the other side of the hedge?
On 5/22/2016 5:19 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Pinocchio told me had his nose trimmed, but he's a liar.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Then he must pay for the trim.
--
I like bagpipes. I also like violins when played with a hammer.

you known as fred j mc call on the space boards? freds style is like yours.........

Nope.
--
Do you know how to get an 88 year old woman to say "BITCH!"?
You get a 72 year old woman to yell "BINGO!"

I generally encourage the safeties be maintained. The blade brake on current machines id a bit of a pain. Mine is old enough not to have one.
I have dissabled the clutch switch on my truck - I want to be able to run the truck off the road on the starter if necessary if the engine fails - and if I loose the clutch I can start the truck in gear and drive without the clutch to get me home.
I'm the only person who drives the truck (20 years old, 343,000km)

What on earth is a clutch switch? I've driven two cars with no clutch cable, you start it in 1st then change gear carefully.
--
The scientific name for an animal that doesn't either run from or fight its enemies is "Lunch."

On Sunday, May 22, 2016 at 7:50:43 PM UTC-4, Mr Macaw wrote:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Clutch+switch
On Sun, 22 May 2016 17:55:36 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03

The switch that makes sure you have your foot on the clutch before the engine will crank
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca says...

In 1972 I bought a Dodge with that switch. I had driven manual shift cars over the years and had had that one for several days. I got some gas and could not get it started. It was as if the battery was dead. The service station man told me to push in the clutch. I did and it started.
I had a habit of puting a 4 speed in neutral and starting the car. I must have been doing that and pushing in the clutch for the 2 or 3 days I had had that car. That was the first manual car I had been in that has that clutch switch.

Didn't think of that, that's a very good reason for not having such a switch. You may well want to start it in neutral with the clutch out.
Presumably easy enough to disconnect.
--
Man: "Do you wash your clothes in Windex?"
Woman: "Why do you ask?"
On 5/22/2016 11:13 PM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Can't remember how long ago. I stopped for gasoline, and met a very nice man who spoke some language other than American. I'd guess Dutch, but not sure. He summoned me, as he could not get his car out of Park. I noticed it was a Ford. Did my best by gestures to suggest he push the brake, which did the job. Now he's able to shift into drive, and go about his travel.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

My VW Golf did that. My neighbour's Vauxhall didn't, and it once vibrated itself from park to reverse, and mowed down her gates while she wasn't in the car.
--
US PGA Commentator - "One of the reasons Arnie is playing so well is that, before each tee shot, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them."

... And Johnny Carson famously commented "That must make his little putter stand up"

:-)
--
You are The One. But not The One. The One who is not The One, but is Another One. But you are that One who is The One who is The Other One who is, in fact, The One. All is lost.

On 23/05/2016 03:44, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

A clutch switch!? Sensible people start their cars in neutral. Checking if a car is in neutral is the FIRST thing you should check before attempting to start a car.
--
Bod