cutting in reverse

Page 2 of 8
On Sat, 21 May 2016 19:37:33 -0400, Stormin Mormon

I wish I had a crane.

On 5/21/2016 10:02 PM, Micky wrote:

Center posted, as yours was.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On Saturday, May 21, 2016 at 1:53:30 PM UTC-4, Stormin Mormon wrote:

That's just stupid.
Besides you gotta give 4 guys beer.
I welded handles onto the deck of mine. Works fine with a little care.
We did have an employee we caught starting the mower by pulling on the blades. He'd broken the pull cord and was scared he'd get fired if anybody knew. It didn't occur to him he'd be more likely to get fired for the safety violation.
On 5/21/2016 8:05 PM, TimR wrote:

Did he at least yell "Clear prop!" before hand propping the mower?
In my life, mower pull cords are a disposable item like gasoline and spark plugs.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

Usually get 10 years on a cord - 5 or more on a plug
On 5/22/2016 9:30 AM, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Mine has gone through two or three cords and one recoil in the last year.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

The last engine on my mawer was a Briggs and Stratton. I have owned the mower for about 25 years. I replaved the recoil clutch on it about 15 years ago, and the rope about 8 years ago. I replacewd the engine 4 or 5 years ago. It was about 12 or 15 years old when I bought it - wirh a new rope abd carb rebuild just before I got it.
I think I replaced the plug once in the years I had it..
I broke the rope on my last big snow-blower once in the 30 years I owned it (it also was a used unit - over 10 years old, when I bought it. I replaced the engine once as well. Tecumseh HS50.
On Sun, 22 May 2016 19:18:35 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

I had a B&S for a push mower and the recoil spring broke. Bought 2 new ones and each one broke. the T-part at the end, that holds the end in place, broke off.
What was I don't wrong?
On Sun, 22 May 2016 23:30:12 -0400, Micky

Likely winding it too tight.
On Sun, 22 May 2016 23:38:34 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

My English is failing. I think the word should have been "doing"!

I'm trying to remember details. Maybe that was it.

Er..... how is cutting in reverse more dangerous than cutting going forwards?
--
Pilot to tower, pilot to tower, I am 300 miles from land, 600 feet over water, and running out of fuel, please instruct!
Tower to pilot, tower to pilot, repeat after me: "Our Father, which art in heaven....."

We have people in government that have to come up with things to keep their jobs. Just as the warning on the cigarett packages about being bad for your health.
What I really hate is the 'new' gas can regulations. I have a one gallon can that I bought for the weed eater mixed fuel. I have spilt more out of that can each time I use it than I do out of my 5 gallon cans of the old type all year.
Another is that the government has the home owner mower blades going so slow I can not get a good cut of the grass with the mower going very fast.
YOu may back over something with the blades going. Mainly a child that comes behind you and you do not look back.

Do you not look back when you reverse your car? Do you not look back when you reverse your mower? Is your child too thick to get out of the way of a big noisy machine? The more safety rules we have, the more stupid people will survive. The next generation will be dumb as shit.
--
In 1999 the creators of KY Jelly created a new product. It was called "Y2K Jelly." It allowed you to get four digits in your date instead of two.

Mr Macaw wrote: "- show quoted text -
"In 1999 the creators of KY Jelly created a new product. It was called "Y2K Jelly." It allowed you to get four digits in your date instead of two. "
GROAAAAN!

Yes, she'll do that.
--
Women are like a pack of cards... you need a heart to love them, diamonds to marry them, a club to kill them and a spade to bury them.

You may not be old enough** to remember that that was a compromise. One side wanted to ban cigarettes completely. Would that have been better? Don't you think a stupid 12 or 15-year old should be told smoking is bad for him by someone other than his parents, if they did? (FWIW, it's those who are "conservative" now who brought about the ban on alcohol, which didn't work well.)
**You probably are. Everyone on usenet seems to be an old codger, even though it's a far better format than webforum.s

What a moron you are. Do you think they did this before plenty of children had already been hurt?

I'm surpised you made it past infancy yourself.

Stupid 12-15 year olds should do what they want. And they're even less likely to read warning labels than listen to their parents anyway.

They'll have done some fucked up survey, just like they seem to think speeding is dangerous , when it actually only causes 4% of accidents.
Anyway, the only person who should be avoiding killing their own kids is the parent, not the government.

You're surpised?
--
The Artist Formerly Known As Prince has a new album out.
It's called "The Songs Formerly Known As Hits."
On 5/21/2016 9:56 PM, Micky wrote:

You know, in all my fifty or so years, I can't remember ever meeting (or first generation reliable source hearing about) a child injured by a lawn mower.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

> "You know, in all my fifty or so years, I can't

Sounds some what like gun control. A criminal shoots up the bank, so all the peaceful and law abiding folks have to give up their guns.
And of course, Kman proves why we all need reverse safety switches.
--
.
Christopher A. Young