cutting in edges with a brush

Page 2 of 2

At least I know what to call it.

As I said earlier in my post, SEVERAL COATS above and beyond the rest of the wall and I still have the effect. I'm slobbering on as much paint as will stick without running.
Dragging the end of the brush lightly through the paint only accentuates the problem. Leaves streaks.

Even at 1/4" I still get the effect, and painting that close I'm too much of a spaz to keep from getting paint on the adjoining wall or ceiling.

Oh. We have a terminology conflict. What you're calling streaks are actually brush marks. Streaks means (to me) that you can still see the old color through the paint. If brush marks don't go away, your paint is too thick. You can thin it a bit (_only_ a bit), or you can add Floetrol (Penetrol for oil paint). Floetrol increases the surface tension, thins the paint, and slows down the drying so the paint lies down flatter, hiding the brush marks.

Well, a thinner paint will help some, but there's no way to completely eliminate the hatbanding without using the same device to apply the entire surface, whether it's a brush, a roller, or a sprayer.
--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement