Cutting hard metal fence posts.. with what?!

Page 2 of 2

The "sawzall" is like a power hacksaw - and you can get different types of blades for it. You need a medium tooth metal blade - and squirt a little oil on the area you are cutting. I wouldn't expect any sparks - if you get them you are doing something wrong. I would not try to use a circular saw (if that is actually what you just bought). (I'm guessing you bought a grinder)