cutting granite tile

I need to slightly enlarge (about an inch al around) the cutout for my kitchen sink, since otherwise the new sink I'm trying to put in won't fit, so I'm looking for a way to cut granite tile, in-place. Suggestions?

Reply to
m4rcone

wrote

Last I looked, HD has a hand-held wet saw.

JSH

Reply to
Julie

makita makes one.

you could also use a 4" side grinder with a diamond blade, or a tile cutting blade in a jigsaw. you only have to make the hole bigger and it doesn't have to look pretty, since the sink flange will cover the rough edge.

not using a wet tool, there'll be plenty of dust. have someone hold a shopvac nearby.

you do know there's probably something under the granite tiles you also have to enlarge?

Reply to
Charles Spitzer