Cutting Crown molding with 135 degree angle wall

Hi, I am trying to butt a piece of Crown molding up against the wall at a 135 degree (inside) corner.
I am using the 'lay the molding flat and look up the tables' approach to figure out where to cut. The moulding is rather large so I can't stand it up and just slice 135 degrees.
Any suggestions as to what miter/bevel angles will give me a 135 degree angle? Is is even possible?
Thanks
Steven wrote:

Here is a crown molding calculator:
http://www.construction-resource.com/calculators/crown-molding.php
A 135 degree inside corner should be the same as doing half of a 90 degree outside corner.
Ken
Ken, It looks like a great tool, but I'm a bit confused by the values calculated.
For wall and spring of 90 degrees each and for moulding applications using butts meeting coped edges, isn't a miter and bevel somewhere around 32-33 degrees each?
This calcutor might be good if you're to miter your moulding for each corner, but because walls are rarely square and coping is more preferable in those instances, how can I apply this calculator for projects to be coped?
TIA!!
Ken wrote:

Jim Conway wrote:

For coping, you could still use the calculator. First cut the piece that will be butted, then use the calculator to miter the other piece, then cope it as usual. Of course make sure that you cope at an angle that will work with whatever wall angle you have.
Ken
Thanks! That did the trick, I knew it couldn't be as hard as I was making it.
Steven wrote:

why not search the internet for crown molding. There are techniques that involve carving out the mold shape that are simpler than precisely matching the angle. Otherwise, there is a small hand device you can buy that is used to precisely match angles and transfer them to your work.
Do you have a miter box or power saw or what?
--
Thank you,

Hi, The miter and blade tilt setting for any corner angle also depends on the spring angle of the crown that you are installing. For example if you have 38 deg spring angle crown then for a 135 degree corner the Miter 14.3 degrees & Blade tilt = 17.6 degrees. You will cut your crown laying flat and face up on the saw. For a 45 deg spring angle crown, Miter 16.3, BT = 15.7. If you are trying to butt cut the crown into the 135 degree corner then for a 38 deg spring angle crown, Miter = 31.6, BT 33.9. For 45 degree spring angle crown, Miter = 35.3, BT = 30.0 degrees. All of this information is available at www.compoundmiter.com
Sincerely yours Wayne Drake

Do-It-Yourself Crown Molding & Trim: Install It Like A PRO!
Sincerely yours Wayne Drake, President CompoundMiter, Inc.