Cutting Countertop.

I see what you mean and I agree. I guess he thinks by archiving it into a news folder, he can organize it better for later reading??? For me, I'd rather have it as a text or pdf file in a properly named folder. Oh well....

Agent saves everything you read until you purge it. I have my purge option set not to keep things very long but you could keep them forever.
If you pull up that old post, you can reply to it, even if the thread on the server is long gone.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

I'm with you so far. Please continue on with your explanation of the logic behind "reposting" to "archive."

Maybe the post originally had the "no archive bit" on.
Smitty Two wrote:

It doesn't.
As you (and I and others) said, he must have it if he can repost it. If he had it from a newgroup it most likely has the extension ".nws". If so, all he need do is drag it into the folder in his news reader where he wants it. If it doesn't have ".nws" as the extension - or if that is not what his news reader uses - all he has to do is rename it with the appropriate extension and *then* drag it. After all, it is just a text file.
--

dadiOH

I could be wrong about this being good advice or overkill but with all the dings the Borg gets, here's a little balance on the other side.
I was just gandering at Lowe's last night at what they had available in stock countertop. Verne comes by and asks if I need any help. Just some general yak. Then he says don't buy it now. I'm like huh? He says come back another day and get it. I'm thinking WTF?
So I says I'm just sizing right now but why do you say that? He says because it's raining out now and has been on and off all day. The air is saturated. Moisture is even condensing on things that are covered. Why chance it if you don't have to.
I'm no kitchen/countertop wiz but it seemed to be good advice...and from a Lowe's person! Little more chat afterwards. Turns out Verne worked in a cabinet shop prior to retiring. From his comment about delaying any purchase, I'd guess his job was not gofer or cleanup.
I'd cut a bit oversize using a crosscut hand saw and do the final sizing with a belt sander. That's how I cut down a Borg unit for a bath vanity. FWIW YMMV

Ah yes, belt sander aka generic shaper.
Yea, I'll make sure rotation is left, right or down. My guess is if it's up there's a risk of chipping and/or separating the laminate.
Thanks for the input.

Correct. You want the rotation of the belt sander pulling the laminate against the substrate.