Cutting concrete laundry tub??? question

I have a laundry tub which I believe is made of concrete. It is divided into two sections. Is there anyway I can cut out the divider to turn it into one tub? I'd like to do this to make it easier for my wife to bathe her Airedale.
TOM KAN PA wrote:

Use a masonry cutting wheel on an angle grinder.
You may not be able to make the cuts go completely to the bottom corners, but you should be able to snap the divider out and then finsh up the bits that are left.
Have patience and WEAR A DUST MASK please.
Happy New Year,
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
TOM KAN PA wrote:

Yeah, I suppose you can successfully cut it. It will be a *huge* mess and dusty and you'll have to patch the rough edges later.
How about replacing the laundry tray with a small bathtub?
Jim

Athough cutting it out is possible, the cut edges will be filled with sharp wires, and I think the sink will crack in no time without that middle support. I have smashed up several of these sinks when I worked for a plumber. I know how they are constructed. I think this is a bad idea. You might be better off adding another sink of the fiberglass type. They are made with and without dividers. As long as you got spare space, just add one. You can tap off the plumbing from the existing one. OR, just remove the cement one and replace it with a newer one that fits your needs.