Cutting ceramic tile

I have been working on tiling my house and have been cutting the tile with a wet saw.
Recently, I began to notice that the glazed finish would have chips along the edge that I had cut, so I turned the tile over and laid out my 'cut to' lines on the underside of the tile and cut with the glazed side of the tile down on the table of the saw. This has resulted in a much better finish but, since I have never watched anyone else use a wet saw, I'm wondering if a 'pro' would do it this way, or just think I am stupid?
Your help will be appreciated.
Lewis.
*****
On 24 Apr 2006 04:11:37 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Hey, good info.
Please tell me what brand of wet saw you are using.
I'm using the 'budget' one from Home Depot. The blade is the 'cheap' part of it.
The $50.00 that I subsequently spent for a McMaster Carr blade was well worth it.