Cutting Adobes?

Hiya, Anyone got any tricks and tool recommendation for cutting adobe's? I don't mind cutting them by hand but not sure what sort of sawing implement I should use. Cheers, cc
Adobe what ? How about a Wet Saw ?
Adobe blocks. 4"x10"x14" Wet Saw will just make a mess of them. Adobe and water don't mix too well. I've seen one guy take an old tine type rake, cut the tines back, and sharpen them. He used that to cut. I don't have an old rake and I hate to go buy one! Was just hopeful someone out there might have a different method. Cheers, cc

James "Cubby" Culbertson wrote:

Get it over with. Quickie Saw is one way. Nice'n dry cutting. Rental yard.
James "Cubby" Culbertson wrote:

If you're talking about cutting adobe in place, as in cutting an opening for a door or window, use barbed wire. Strongly suggest that you wrap each end around a broom handle - otherwise it smarts. You need two people, one on either side of the wall and the operation is the same as the two-person pit saw or loggers saw.
Thanks R, I'm actually cutting individual blocks. Some as simple as shortening but a handful will need an angled cut so they'll but up against the house wall cleanly (I assume I can just but them up against the house). Cheers, cc

James "Cubby" Culbertson wrote:

Use a bow saw like those used for pruning trees. http://tinyurl.com/bwgaf
Hadn't thought of that! That'll work I think. And HF has them pretty cheap so I don't destroy my good one! Thanks! Cheers, cc

James "Cubby" Culbertson wrote:

You're welcome. Have fun with it.
Yeah, can't wait. 1800 adobes to lay...... Know of a good chiropractor?
wrote in message

James "Cubby" Culbertson wrote:

Well, at least at the end of the day you'll know you've done some work in the fresh air. If you're married this is a great time to start bitching about how having a baby is easy - imagine what it's like having a baby _every_ day for a week, you'll say! That's what you're doing laying those adobe block. Should be worth some major points. Make sure to groan whenever she's within earshot. ;)