Custom shower construction

I am planning on building a custom shower in my bathroom which will utilize a PVC/CPE membrane under a multi layer mortar/wire fabric floor. The plans I have detailing the construction of this floor seem pretty straight forward with some of the gottcha's being maintaining the integrity of the PVC/CPE membrane and working in enough of a slope in the floor to eliminate standing water (Lets not forget the integrity of the seem where the floor and wall meet).
Are there any other high points I should focus on? Or if you have any experience in constructing custom Tile showers what advice would you give? Are there any other products which work better/last longer than a PVC/CPE membrane? Is a 2x4 stack (two 2x's nailed together) with a wire mesh and mortar covering be sufficient for the curb or would a single poured quick crete (concrete) type of curb be best (keeping in mind that I plan on constructing a glass block wall on the curb)
Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks.
sk
I would be interested in where you got the information. I am thinking of a project like this, but have too little information at this time.
I would also be interested in how your project turns out.
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Wealth of info. ;) http://johnbridge.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s 0f1e3c16c2466bb8055d335f0b604b&threadidT34
Thanks
--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math
sk writes:

I would consider a copper pan instead of PVC. But I am always looking for excuses to buy new tools.
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (sk) wrote in message

I'd strongly suggest you get a copy of Setting Tile by Michael Byrne. He discusses this very subject in some detail. I think he also has a video on it.
We did something a bit less demanding (upstairs laundry with floor drain), and used a troweled-on membrane for waterproofing. Probably this is less favored for something like a shower (too great a chance of leaving a gap), but was dead simple to apply - trowel on in one direction, let dry, trowel on crosswise, let dry again, and then thinset and tile.
--
Y.