custom carts/cabinets

I'm sorry if this is a little off-topic, but does anyone know of any resources (diy designs and/or components) for making portable carts and cabinets? Basically it's to support something like portable classrooms for my church. We are going to use a high school auditorium for Sunday services and need an efficient way to get supplies in and out for the worship center, hospitality/refreshments, classrooms, etc. The idea is to create one custom cart for each room/area that can hold bins for smaller items along with larger items such as cribs, a/v equipment, display panels, etc. The carts will be stored in a trailer during the rest of the week. I was picturing something like a frame of 2x4s, about 4' high, 6' long, and 2-3' deep, with some way of doing adjustable hangers/shelving on the inside. Basically a portable closet. Oh and it needs to be cheap :). If anyone could point out a book/website that has designs, that would be great.
That size could be cumbersome to move. 6 ft Width means supports to keep shelved from sagging also. Is it staying at the site or will be trucked every weekend? Book sellers at faires etc. build book cases out of 1X10 and 1X12 pine... that close in front for portability....however they are much narrowere in width terry

Size is definitely something we need to consider. We will have a ramp for them, but we will need to restrict the size based on the total weight and other considerations like sagging. I would also have vertical members inside to separate sections and add stability. Also, heavier stuff can go on the bottom. What would you see as a maximum length for each section/the whole thing? Thanks for the input, I'll try searching with bookcase as a keyword too...
Jeff
On Wed, 26 May 2004 22:39:52 +0000, Terry Cano wrote:

the ceramics place i go to has 7' high, 4' wide, 2' deep shelving units. they welded up the frames, and used angle iron to make supports on the sides. the ware shelves are simply 1/2" thick pieces of plywood that rest on the angle irons.

<< any resources (diy designs and/or components) for making portable carts and cabinets? >>
Do a Google search on "material handling" and check Thomas Register at your library for companies in that kind of business. You can probably either find some good ideas for DIY units or evn commercial types to save you a lot of time. Your call, and good luck.
Joe
I would try GlobalSpec http://www.globalspec.com You can search for cabinets and parts by specifications and connect to suppliers