Custom carpenter needed

Page 1 of 2
I need a high-end custom carpenter (not a handyman or "regular" carrpenter) for a unique custom job in my home. Thanks.
cleo924 wrote:

Room & board included? I'm assuming travel expense is...
--

dadiOH
____________________________

Any idea where you live, or are people supposed to guess?
On Tue, 20 May 2008 10:14:30 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"

Well, he's talking high end, so he likely expects he'll be flying someone in and putting them up at a nice hotel as part of the project.

Maybe he could have the butler open the yellow pages, choose an architect, and call their office (using an actual phone) to see if they can recommend a fancy carpenter.
On Tue, 20 May 2008 10:28:42 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"

I don't think you sound as if you are right for this job. Sorry.

Hey...I have nails, and all the correct screwdrivers for hammering them in.
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

why wouldn't my personal shopper do this?

Too busy shopping to fill the custom cabinet you're trying to have built by the custom carpenter you can't find.
Just said he needed one. He didn't actually ask anyone to reply.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

You're welcome... -----
- gpsman
cleo924 says...

I wanted a kitchen table and bench custom made with tile inlay. (Seriously.)
What I did was to look on the internet, using my state name (New York State), common parlance for my region in that state ("Hudson Valley") and "custom carpentry". On Yahoo I got a hit for several; most had galleries of their work on display on their websites.
I called the one that had a custom tile-top table in his gallery, which showed me he had, or had access to, both of the two skills I needed (tiling as well as custom carpentry).
The result is fantastic, hard maple with two contrasting stains and tile inlay, and under the price of the higher-end kitchen tables I was looking at. There seems to be a big jump in price and quality between furniture store-chain tables and higher end tables. The price I got this totally custom table and bench was just above the chain store prices.
So thats the route I recommend.
Banty

What does the elevation of their posterior have to do with their qualifications? Why does the carpenter have to be constipated? You're a very confusing person.
On 5/20/2008 5:29 AM cleo924 spake thus:

OK, I can be there in half an hour.
conversation with the average voter.

One of my cats name is Cleo. Do I get Brownie points?

This is not like that movie Misery where Kathy Bates gets James Cann in her house, busts his heel with a hammer and holds him prisoner is it?
cleo924 wrote:

Hmmm, looks like you rattled a few cages here :-)
Rheilly P
I need to have some dental work done.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I am looking for someone to pull some weeds. Thanks in advance