curved copper and sharkbite

Page 2 of 2

Better yet, borrow or rent a freeze kit for the water line. This is what our water department guys used when they couldn't find the paved over shutoff valve when our main house shutoff decided to give up and fill the basement. The kit used a trick container attached to a CO2 bottle that filled the box with dry ice. The 3/4" copper line stayed frozen solid for over half an hour. HTH
Joe
In article

Interesting !!
--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden

digging up a lot of mud to replace the split water main or street shutoff.

Get a couple of short shovels and buckets. Get three guys that are standing in front of Home Depot. Tell them to make you space.

On 11/19/2010 6:39 AM, Jeff Thies wrote:

I use a swaging tool in those circumstances to restore the copper pipe to size. It may not make it perfect but it will put in back in a condition where a soldered fitting won't leak.
http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Swaging-Tools
TDD
The very best solution would be to get some Ford fittings. These will only be available at a commercial utility contractor's supply house - no box stores, not normal plumbing stores. The fittings are expensive but are so simple and positive they are well worth it.
Blue poly line and Ford fittings. These are the current materials used by cities and utility companies. These fittings won't care if the pipe is curved and the blue poly line is very forgiving for lining up, etc.
--
DanG
On 11/19/2010 6:39 AM, Jeff Thies wrote:

Brass compression fitting should do the trick if you don't want to sweat it.
--
Steve Barker