curtains again

Less than 90 seconds:

Thanks for your comment.

Reply to
Uno

The treatment looks fine. The highwaters won't show behind the couch.

To answer the questions you asked.

The rod is okay as it is. "Normal" is 1-2" inches of rod plus any finial used. Doesn't look like you have a finial so a little extra rod is okay.

Most decorators prefer that the tied back portion at the narrow point covers all the woodwork. That is sometimes very hard to do when using a tieback holder. Also that reduces the amount of light one receives. If the look you have pleases you leave it as it is. The only real option is to add a short rope tieback so that it covers the inside edge of the trim. Suggest you practice with some scrap string before you buy anything.

Overall I would grade this an A, no worse than an A- for a homeowner install. And I have been doing these full time since 1986.

Reply to
Colbyt

These rods have a design flaw that makes the set screw ineffective for the smaller rod diameters.

Thx, Colbyt, I don't know that I qualify as just a homeowner as a journeyman carpenter, but this is not one of the things they teach you how to do. With a commercial install, you build off the plans, and the crux of my question goes to design as opposed to execution, which isn't neurosurgery.

It took 4 different trips to target to get everything how I wanted it. I like the brackets at 6" beyond the trim for this case, and I think I'm going to push those pullbacks in (laterally) a bit, so that the outside curtain doesn't bulge out on the outside (hangs more or less straight).

I am simply ashamed at how long this took. Maybe I won't use the term "inferior desecrator" so lightly again.:-)

Cheers,

Reply to
Uno