Current Harbor Freight Catalogs

On 11/8/2009 5:40 PM Oren spake thus:

So, do you know if those are worth anything (meaning more than 1¢ each)? Just wondering because I have a bunch of them. Don't really care, since I just like the way they look, but I'm curious.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

The joy they can bring to a curious kid is priceless. Unless BU condition, probably not worth much to a collector. Somewhere, I have the

1/4 populated blue penny folders my Grandpa gave me when I was a wee lad. I think the folders only run through 1970 or so. One of these days, I will go through my most recent penny jug and populate as many of the holes as I can. Too bad my previous penny jugs, with older pennies in them, got stolen. I save every wheat-back I notice in my hand.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

The joy they can bring to a curious kid is priceless. Unless BU condition, probably not worth much to a collector. Somewhere, I have the

1/4 populated blue penny folders my Grandpa gave me when I was a wee lad. I think the folders only run through 1970 or so. One of these days, I will go through my most recent penny jug and populate as many of the holes as I can. Too bad my previous penny jugs, with older pennies in them, got stolen. I save every wheat-back I notice in my hand.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers

The copper in a penny should estimate at 2 cent. (real copper).

It costs 2 cents to make a penny now days. Best I can tell..

Reply to
Oren

it would cost 2 cents to make a 1982 penny. a 2009 penny only has a melt value of about 1/2 cent--

Jim

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

On 11/9/2009 4:19 AM Jim Elbrecht spake thus:

Well, that's only the value of the metal. How much does it cost to actually *make* the coin? (IOW, let's talk apples and apples here.)

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Which item number is it?

47546 appears in this ad: