Current Harbor Freight Catalogs

Page 3 of 3

That's bizarre. I get coupons regularly. And frequently, too.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
wrote:

Hrmphh. I never get any coupons either. [catalogs on occassion- mostly from the online store, not local fliers]
I frequent the local store-- I've ordered online. I've filled out the form and given them an email address that works.
I was sure it was regional-- but you're only a couple hours west of me, so who knows. [I'm near Albany & if I recall correctly, you're in Rochester. .. NY, right?]
Jim
David Nebenzahl wrote:

I don't see where those coupons save any more than their regular sale catalogs.
Van Chocstraw wrote:

Regular price for the orange angle grinder (91223) is $29.99. Sale price is $19.99. Coupon price is $17.99.
That is one example of many.
If it isn't on sale, the 15%/20% coupons make it (or anything else not on sale) available at a discounted price.
Shop smart, or spend more; it's your choice.
Jon
Red Green wrote:

How does HF compare to Cummins Tools? Cummins used to set up 1 day truck load sales in my area a couple times a year but they don't anymore. The closest HF is about 48 miles from me but I suppose it would be worth it if I'm buying something heavy. (I will need an engine stand soon) I just signed up to recieve ads from HF via mail and email. From what I have seen, Cummins and HF seem to be about the same quality (or lack of), what do others think?
Tony wrote:

Yeah, they and a bunch of others swarm around are all essentially interchangeable. Altho at least one went belly-up a couple years ago or so--don't recall if it was Cummins or another, nor do I know whether it was just a ploy to reorganize under a new monikor.
The one advantage of HF is that they have been there and are at least reasonably good at fulfilling cases of DOA and similar absolute disasters whereas the traveling medicine shows are just that.
I drop in on one now and then but I can't recall when I last saw anything that was either inexpensive enough I thought it was an actual value or if was looking for some specific whatever that the sample of the whatever they had was decent-enough I'd take it home...
I'd guess all these outfits use the same general set of manufacturers simply branding stuff for them w/ minor differences in cases, etc. In some cases you can see that they're the same tool w/ a different switch or other trivial detail that makes them just slightly off of being identical.
HF has a 5.95 per order (might be more, now) per order fee. Free shipping over $50. So, they will free freight your heavy item.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus