Current Harbor Freight Catalogs

Page 2 of 3

On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 17:18:10 -0800, David Nebenzahl

Me neither. I would invest in Wheat pennies.
On 11/8/2009 5:40 PM Oren spake thus:

So, do you know if those are worth anything (meaning more than 1 each)? Just wondering because I have a bunch of them. Don't really care, since I just like the way they look, but I'm curious.
--
Who needs a junta or a dictatorship when you have a Congress
blowing Wall Street, using the media as a condom?
David Nebenzahl wrote:

The joy they can bring to a curious kid is priceless. Unless BU condition, probably not worth much to a collector. Somewhere, I have the 1/4 populated blue penny folders my Grandpa gave me when I was a wee lad. I think the folders only run through 1970 or so. One of these days, I will go through my most recent penny jug and populate as many of the holes as I can. Too bad my previous penny jugs, with older pennies in them, got stolen. I save every wheat-back I notice in my hand.
-- aem sends...
David Nebenzahl wrote:

The joy they can bring to a curious kid is priceless. Unless BU condition, probably not worth much to a collector. Somewhere, I have the 1/4 populated blue penny folders my Grandpa gave me when I was a wee lad. I think the folders only run through 1970 or so. One of these days, I will go through my most recent penny jug and populate as many of the holes as I can. Too bad my previous penny jugs, with older pennies in them, got stolen. I save every wheat-back I notice in my hand.
-- aem sends...
On Sun, 08 Nov 2009 18:02:04 -0800, David Nebenzahl

The copper in a penny should estimate at 2 cent. (real copper).
It costs 2 cents to make a penny now days. Best I can tell..

it would cost 2 cents to make a 1982 penny. a 2009 penny only has a melt value of about 1/2 cent-- http://www.coinflation.com /
Jim
On 11/9/2009 4:19 AM Jim Elbrecht spake thus:

Well, that's only the value of the metal. How much does it cost to actually *make* the coin? (IOW, let's talk apples and apples here.)
--
Who needs a junta or a dictatorship when you have a Congress
blowing Wall Street, using the media as a condom?
David Nebenzahl wrote:

I buy stuff from them all the time and get their catalogs every month and never got any coupons.
Van Chocstraw wrote:

You have to sign up at the harborfreightusa.com site. Note the "usa" at the end of the URL; it's a different department.
You'll get email coupons (a lot of 15% and 20% lately), plus the coupons in the mail. I have heard it might take awhile (maybe in the past?) before you start getting them; I've been signed up for a few years now, and it's like clockwork for me.
Jon
Jon Danniken wrote:

I never sign up to get garbage emails. That's probably why.
Van Chocstraw wrote:

I have a separate email addy for that kind of stuff.
Lou
Van Chocstraw wrote:

They are not EMAILS, they are SNAIL-MAILS.
Van Chocstraw wrote:

Get a disposable Email address. There are many free ones available, I have at least six.
TDD
On 11/7/2009 8:17 AM Jon Danniken spake thus:

You can do that. However, as I pointed out elsewhere, you'll also get the coupons if you register a warranty or buy an extended warranty; I'm sure that's how I got on their list, 'cause I never signed up for anything. (I don't get email, only real mail.)
--
Who needs a junta or a dictatorship when you have a Congress
blowing Wall Street, using the media as a condom?
David Nebenzahl wrote:

I do get emails. Lately it's been at least every other week, often every week, in which I get a 15% or a 20% off coupon in my inbox. This is in addition to the coupons I also get in the snail mail.
It's pretty much a no-brainer if you shop there with any frequency.
Jon

Even if you don't, it's good crapper readin'.

They online ones used to be all 20%. Seems the last few are all 15%.
Red Green wrote:

Aye, I have noticed that as a well, but fortunately they show up more frequently. There was a 25% one a year or so ago, which I used it to get my 4x6 bandsaw for $150. That one was well-appreciated.
Jon

www.harborfreight.com is their web store, www.harborfreightusa.com is their B&M web site. They also have www.harborfreighttools.com just to make things confusing.

www.harborfreightusa.com doesn't show prices.