curling shingles

I have an unheated garage that was re-roofed (2 layers now) 11 years ago and the corners of every shingle are curling already. What could be causing this?

Reply to
lxhop

Normal wear, but a bit earlier than usual. What kind of climate?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

If they are Certainteed shingles that is about par for the course. For claim info see

Don

Reply to
IGot2P

I live in Vermont. I've thought of adding gable vents to slow the aging, but that would cost me $200 and no assurance that it would help. I wonder if cheap shingles were used?

Reply to
lxhop

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@h2g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

I'm in the same area as you. Extremes in weather from winter to summer. I have 3 layers on my house and it still looks good after 10 years. Except I remember the roofers cut out/cut off the part of the old shingles that weren't nailed down. They added vents to the soffits and a few more vents higher up on the roof.

Reply to
RobertPatrick

What brand of shingles? About that time, Certainteed made some defective shingles. They admitted this. There are many class action suites to get the company to pay for more than pro-rated shingle replacement. Certainteed offered me $500 for what will be a $7000 job. I declined and became part of the class. If I get nothing, I've only lost $500. If I get $500, I broke even. If I get $1000, woo hoo! I can buy a few tanks of gas!

Reply to
Art Todesco