curiosity about septic and cesspool systems

My wife and I are planning the build of a rural home in Hawaii next year. And forgive a city boy for asking, but when a house is using a cesspool system instead of city sewer, does the laundry, bath and other grey water also go into the cesspool, or is there some other treatment process for that type of wastewater.
You'll need to check with your local building dept. In my area in NY we use separate fields for gray water

Depends on the system - mine all goes to the same place. I suspect the percolation of the ground has a lot to do with how it is treated.