Cullligan Water Softener regenerating every night

Hi,
I have a problem with my water softener. I have a Culligan Medallist Series Softener. One of my children were playing around with my water softener the other day and opened the case which then brought up a series of choices I was not quite sure what to do.
I kept the defaults by pressing the status button until the time clock appeared again.
I checked all the settings as per the manual and all seem fine. I have the regeneration set to 72 which would normally produce a regeneration every 3 days. Now it regenerates every night.
It does not seem to be registering the amount of gallons going through. I will check it during the day but the amount of gallons left before regeneration is always 0, it never changes.
This then produces a regeneration every night.
Is there some hidden setting that I am missing somewhere?
Any help appreciated.
Thanks
Steve
rtfm?