Culligan water softener over flow

My 1996 Culligan water softener Estate 2/2M over flow is flowing. I tried resetting, but it still flows...Culligan wants $75.00 just to come look at it...any suggestions on what might be wrong and how to fix it???

Thanks, Dae

Reply to
Dae

Don't know about your model but i installed mine myself, it's a GE. It flushes itself on a daily cycle and there a two vinyl tubes which lead outside where they drain onto the ground. If you have a similar setup then it may be possible that your tube(s) are blocked or clogged in some way, or just disconnected. I think this would cause the problem you describe.

Do you have such a setup which either goes to a drain or to outside??

Reply to
Lawrence

The over flow is directed into the shower, but it is a constant flow.

Thanks, Dae

Reply to
Dae

Even though the flow is constant does not mean that it is not restricted. Think about it. That flush is saturated with salts and minerals which are the waste of the system. It has probably built up inside the tubing and is restricting the flow.

Remove that tubing so that you can get a closer look at it. If you are not able to determine if it is clogged, then replace them. Vinyl tubing is cheap enough.

Lawrence

Reply to
Lawrence

Brine tank is overflowing? The valve that allows water into the tank is not shutting off. Could be a defective valve, dirt in the valve, or a float that is not tripping because it is stuck.

Or do you mean the hose for the backwash won't stop? that would be a defective control, bad seal or "O" ring.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
Tony Hwang

Hi, Something wrong in the control head. Leaky gasket, o-ring or valve. First thing to do is cleaning and inspecting.

Reply to
Tony Hwang