Culligan Mark 59 water softener need help

Hi Everyone,

This unit comes with the house that we moved in and it was not connected in the first place. I think there is no harm giving it a try, I have it in my garage and connect it with garden hose and such. There is no soft water produced and I try a few manual regeneration and it didn't seem to solve the problem. Considering the age of the unit I decided to replace the resin, the resin that comes out of the unit is colored brownish red and the new resin is light golden.

After I put everything back and still no soft water and the water that coming out from the hose is also pulsing.

Help is welcome to point me into the right direction.

Thanks, HH

Reply to
HH

On a well or water system? Have you had your water tested? Do you need a water softener? Do you want a water softener?

Since the softener came with the house you have nothing invested so...

The softener was not in service the odds are it was not functioning properly and removed.

Changing the resin was not a logical step and you probably wasted time and money there. Resin is usually good for 15 or 20 years if the softener gets minimum maintenance and the water has low or no iron. The color of the resn can indicate the condition OR the brand and type of resin. Some is golden, some is brown. Brownish RED sounds like there might be an iron problem but withour a water comprehensive water test that would be a wild guess.

You might check that there is salt in the brine tank and that the brine is being sucked out of the brine tank and into the resin tank during regeneration.

My best advice is "Hey Culligan Man (woman)". For the cost of a service call they'll tell you what is wrong and what is needed to bring the softener back to service. With that information you can decide whether to pay them to do the job or continue to try yourself.

Remember, when you do it yourself there's no one else to blame.

Reply to
justalurker

Is it taking the brine OK during regeneration? Are the valves operating properly? The pulsating hose leads me to think a valve is not in proper position.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski