Culligan HF-360 water sediment filter

Anyone have experience with this filter? I'm curious if I will have any regrets about it. It's plastic but it looks sturdy. I plan to install it on the 40psi side of my regulator to trap the bit of brown silt that I am seeing in my basement faucets. I'm the last house on the water line on this street.
Thanks.
wrote Re Culligan HF-360 water sediment filter:

It should work fine.

On 11/30/2010 7:10 PM, Davej wrote:

I've got an Aqua-Pure which looks similar but has piped by-pass. Had plumber install after I had problems with old unit of different make. By-pass was built in but leaked as did it's replacement of the same make.
Plastic is fine and probably all like this take similar cartridges. On old one, I did drop the plastic housing and it broke and I had to replace. I also had installed on basement ceiling so it was an 8 ft. drop. New one is on wall.