cub tractor froze

-------------------------------------

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 342531 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
rick rodgers

My cub tractor is froze. I sprayed either in the intake to start it and next thing I know its froze. I have put several penetrating oils in the cylinders but nothing has helped. What do I do next?

-------------------------------------

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 342531 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
rick rodgers

Are you saying the pistons are seized in the cylinders? Why don't you start from the beginning, and explain why you sprayed ether into the intake, how much, whether the engine ever started..... Is it possible something let loose and locked up the crank, or that the cylinders may be hydraulically locked from excessive gasoline flooding? Give us more info......

Reply to
Steve

Is it froze or has the starter failed?

Reply to
Pat

If the piston seized, pull the spark plug and put in an oz of oil. let it set for a while, leave the spark plug out and try cranking. Had to do that on my '66 cub, Kohler single cylinder engin.

Reply to
Rick Samuel

Is this an International "cub" tractor, 4 cyl, water cooled, or International "cub cadet" air cooled , one cyl kohler engine ?

Reply to
RBM

Excellent Group discussion on tractors, Cub, etc.They can help...

acforn

Remove the spark plug(s), and put in a couple squirts of two stroke oil. Then, crank the flywheel, using a breaker bar, and the proper socket to fit on the big nut in the center.

Leave the sparkplug out, and see if it cycles with the starter.

Never spray ether into the spark plug hole. My Dad had a generator which would not start, and a "helpful" neighbor sprayed ether in the spark plug hole. Dried out the cylinder walls, and siezed up the engine. When it did start, it threw a piston rod, and killed the generator. It is OK to spray ether on the air filter. Then, vapors will go to the cylinder when you run the starter.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon