Cub Cadet mow in reverse

Does anyone know how to make a 2004 Cub Cadet LT1018 mow in reverse? I have a lot of crap that I have to mow around, so often need to back up a foot or so to make changes in direction and I get tired of contstantly having to restart the PTO. The newer tractors can all be made to mow in reverse but mine doesn't have that feature. The dealer says its easy to change but doesn't want to tell me how for liability reasons.

Seb wrote:

I was about to ask you how old it was when I looked at the photos. It appears to be new or you spend a lot of time dusting it.
If it is more than a couple of years old, it may well be scale build up and there is not really much you can do after it is already there. Start saving for a new heater.
Next time have them fit a quality drain valve and drain out several gallons from the drain every month. It will last a lot longer. (Note: the drain valve most come with are junk and will not last if you use them.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

I've seen that site, didn't find any such switch when I looked, and I even had the deck removed. I'll take another peek later today, it was getting late last night so the light wasn't too good.

I am not familar with your exact model but I have disabled the seat switch by just pulling both leads off the switch and hardwireing them together - I asume there a similar pressure switch which is contacted when put into reverse . is there some sort of guard around the gear shifter that can be removed it is most likely under there. or around the shifting linkage somewhere. Jeff