CSI electrical mistake

The writers give general idea of what they want, but SFX guys are what put these together and you would hope even if the script had direction that said (visual shooting pistol, SFX: Rifle bullet in gelatin) they would ignore it. Most of this is more related to the desire to use something already paid for or stock than anything else.

Reply to
Kurt Ullman

The thing I find most "unbelievable" about the show is that I have saw Grissom "taste" evidence it 3 different shows.

He tasted toothpaste that had been used to fill in a hole in the wall. He licked a bone. And, he tasted a yellow substance on a shopping cart that turned out to be mustard. Ever heard of baby shift yellow? :)

Reply to
metspitzer

DerbyDad03 wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@c58g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:

You would think someone with the initials DD would be more attentive...

Reply to
Red Green

metspitzer wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I think he wanted to taste Lady Heather too. He was afraid Sara would beat the piss out of him though.

Reply to
Red Green

metspitzer wrote: .

Almost every chemical substance is characterized by "taste," as in "odorless, colorless, tasteless..."

Taste is a common diagnostic tool.

Reply to
HeyBub

So you are saying that CSI people routinely lick bones and taste unknown substances?

Reply to
metspitzer

The motor's non-isolated metal shaft is in contact with a metal bearing, either directly or through a metal gear, that's in contact with the exposed metal. IOW if a motor winding shorts to the armature, electricity can flow through the metal part of the case.

Reply to
larry moe 'n curly

CSI is fantasy. There is no connection between it and reality. Any time they show something more technical than a wood pencil you can count on it being bullshit.

Here some hints for you: dna matching against a 50 million record database takes more than a second. Computers don't beep when they think. They're capable of displaying text faster than twenty characters per second without beeping and CSI agents are rarely involved in gunbattles.

Reply to
AZ Nomad