crumbling block wall under porch slab

I have about a 2' wide area that the blocks are no longer supporting the sl ab. Basically the sidewalk was tilted toward house and water rested against the wall. I lifted the sidewalk, but not sure if I need to support the sal e with new block. Is it okay to have the slab unsupported for that span? And it is right at the center, where the steps lead to the porch. That will take the majority of the weight when people go onto the porch

Thanks for looking

Reply to
laughhavefun

slab. Basically the sidewalk was tilted toward house and water rested again st the wall. I lifted the sidewalk, but not sure if I need to support the s ale with new block. Is it okay to have the slab unsupported for that span?

ll take the majority of the weight when people go onto the porch

Posting some pics on a pic hosting site is probably the best way to get good advice. Typically sidewalks are not supported by block, but are poured on a suitable stablized base.

Reply to
trader_4

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com posted for all of us...

And I know how to SNIP

I am confused as to your post. Do as trader asked and post pix to free site. (Not here in group) As a general rule nothing should go unsupported. Further inspection *MAY* also show foundation damage to your house.

Reply to
Tekkie®

It also somewhat depends on whether the slab is 3" thick or 6" thick, etc, so let's have a photo or two, and with a ruler as part of the picture to help us figure dimensions.

Reply to
hrhofmann

slab. Basically the sidewalk was tilted toward house and water rested again st the wall. I lifted the sidewalk, but not sure if I need to support the s ale with new block. Is it okay to have the slab unsupported for that span?

ll take the majority of the weight when people go onto the porch

sorry for delay in getting back here. First time user and kindof stumbled o n it, could find my way back.

I will post pics Friday. Thanks

Reply to
laughhavefun