Crows

If you chose an area without an alpha cat you may discover it is because the people there had a trap and kill program going on. (usually assisted by animal control who actually does the kill part) although I have a neighbor who drowns everything he gets in his trap.

Reply to
gfretwell

Why do you think they INVENTED these programs to sterilize and return them? It wasn't out of any fuzzy-wuzzy feelings. Trap and kill does not work, unless done on a continuous expen$ive basis. Nature abhors a vacuum, and feral cats are fungible. They make new ones faster than you can kill the existing ones. You can only hope to control them within a general area- control meaning a non-spiking population- by retarding the birth rate by sterilizing the in-place population.

One of the most active players in this trap-neuter-return program is US Military, on their docks and warehouses. They are happy with the results.

Reply to
aemeijers

I live in a place where we have plenty of natural predators, we don't need any exotics. I suppose TNR is a good idea in urban areas but feral cats decimate populations of native species where you do have a natural balance.

Reply to
gfretwell