Crows

How do you shut up or get rid of crows?

Reply to
LSMFT

Shoot a few of them, and leave the bodys hanging around in the trees.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

This

Reply to
Dave

Bake a pie?

Reply to
Oren

If you're in Albany, NY you spend 10's of thousands of dollars making lots of noise, annoying residents and crows and chase the crows across the river to Troy, NY.

If you're in Troy, NY you spend 10's of thousands of dollars making lots of noise, annoying residents and crows and chase the crows across the river to Albany, NY.

This has been working well for both cities for 10-15 years or so.

Jim [want recipes?

]

Reply to
Jim Elbrecht

I can't remember which cities. But one city had a racoon problem. They spent lots of money on trap and release, took the coons to the other side of the river. Well, next year the folks on the othe side of the river had a racoon problem. So, they implemented a trap and release program.

I wonder if they are the same people who are managing the Mexican border, along the south of the USA?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I'd expect that shooting or trapping would provide temporary relief. Of course, the crow population is dynamic, like squirrels.

One of my Dad's friends got tired of the squirrel in his bird feeder. So, he shot it. (military vet, and a country boy). Sure enough, another squirrel came along. So he shot that one, too. And the next.... he gave up after 300 squirrels.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in news:i9c7os$7l5$ snipped-for-privacy@news.eternal-september.org:

I put plastic wrap (the kind that's on rolls in a box) around wherever a squirrel can hang from it's tail to get at the bird food. Works like a charm. Except cats like to hang around and leap out at the birds. I got rid of the feeder. The cats liked to sit on my car and made scratch marks. There is plenty for the birds to eat on the ground.

Reply to
Marina

That is why for feral cats, the only approach that has made a difference is catch, neuter, and release. You kill them, another moves in within days.

Reply to
aemeijers

Reply to
Joe

A country boy will also say:

"Don't get your thumbs between the lumber." It hurts!

Reply to
Oren

Perhaps you should take a tip from those who deal with birds as a threat to life and safety:

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

... and once the crows and your neighbors get used to the sound, shoot the loudest crow in the bunch and they will go away.

Reply to
gfretwell

Did the neighbors call the cops? Did the cops come to your house and confiscate the two by fours? The right to keep and bear two by fours is not protected by law.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

See also: Painless way to get a camel moving.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

could get a personal visit from a SWAT team, with one of these in your back yard.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

How do you handle loud neighbors? Same?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Some dumbass would probably point the darn thing at a passenger plane. Well, it is a big bird and it makes lots of noise.

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

I recently took a workshop in TNR. The R now stands for Return because releasing a cat where they have never been before is cruel since they'll have no idea how to survive in the new locale.

I already did a feral female who was wonderful at producing kittens and I'll be doing 8 cats at the end of this month. Hopefully that is most of the ones in my immediate neighborhood.

Reply to
dgk

Silly me- I presumed taking them back to where you abducted them went without saying. Sorta implied by the concept of territory, etc. Yeah, releasing them at random elsewhere definitely would NOT work. The local alpha would run them off forthwith.

Reply to
aemeijers