Crown moulding over interior doors???

Hello someone asked me to do crown moldings over all there interior doors. Ive done lots of crown work on ceilings but never over doors. Does anyone have pictures or step by step guides on how to go about this. I assume I would just cut to small sides then the main piece and put them together, but there will be a hole on top, so I guess I would have to cut a board to close it.
If you got an online sites that show how to do it please send me the links. Thanks

It sounds like you have it figured out already.
I like to make those small returns a little too long and then get them perfectly flush with a belt sander after I glue them on.

Creative Homeowner ISBN: 1-58011-078-9 Copyright 2001. Chapter 5, Doors and window casing, page 78.
Search this phrase and you can see the book.
"Symmetric Arts & Crafts-Style Casing" first link.
Oren wrote:

Check out this crown molding that works over doors. http://www.charlesandhudson.com/archives/2008/05/crown_molding_made_easy.htm
On Sun, 18 May 2008 16:53:24 -0400, markymark

hhhhhhhhttp://www.charlesandhudson.com/archives/2008/05/crown_molding_made_easy.htm
ads by google link