Crown molding & paint wall

I'm planning to have interior paint and crown molding. Which job should I do first? Paint wall, let it try then put the crown molding up or put crown molding before paint.
Wall with have a light brown color. Crown molding will be white.
Thanks.
Arpil wrote:

Someone may disagree, but I would start from the top down. ceiling - crown molding - wall - base molding. Paint seldom drips up. :-)
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

paint wall, measure and cut molding, paint molding before install, install molding, touch up molding
On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 20:42:31 GMT, "lee_houston"

opposite ends of the same room are the same length.
Put the crown molding up, and then mask and paint. You'll inevitably accidentally ding the wall, stray pencil marks, etc, when putting up the molding. You might otherwise have alot of touchup to do.
Arpil wrote:

Find studs and ceiling joists near the top corner using the biblical method, seek and ye shall find, poke a nail through the sheetrock.
Mark ceiling and walls for the joists and studs with masking tape.
Put up crown molding nailing to the joists and studs. Since you are painting, consider the mdf molding - slightly cheaper and cuts nicely.
Caulk all of the gaps between the ceiling/molding/walls with a painter's caulk, not silicone. Cleans up easily with water.
Paint the ceiling.
Paint the molding.
Paint the wall.
Have a cold one, I prefer Hangar One.