Creating dead zone around AC unit

Page 2 of 2
JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

fabric, available in different strengths, with river rock on top and used in similar areas where nothing grows. We have Trex on our finger dock, about 7 years old. Full sun, all day, Florida. Concrete pavers or black vinyl lawn edging work nicely around the rock and contain it well.

We killed a law area once with newspaper. Thick layer, hold down with rocks. I have to do something like you want in the corner where our AC is.
--
Best regards
Han
Han wrote:

LouB wrote:

Corrugated cardboard also works, with the added benefit of lasting a couple of years.
Jon

I use newspaper in some of my vegetable & flower beds. Works, but it'll be gone in a season. Not appropriate for the area I'm talking about here.
Kept attorneys out of the law area?
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

I'm just trying to imagine an AC compressor mounted on cinder blocks. Won't happen for me...
--
Dave

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

I'd be helpful to have more information on the type of bindweed. Tell us. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_bindweed and other types.
--
Bud

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convolvulus
No idea which species, no need to find out in order to solve the problem.

That's the weed that is giving you trouble? We used to call it "pispot". The Dutch spelling doesn't hide the meaning. Never knew it was any trouble, just a weed.
--
Best regards
Han

Yeah, it's one of those - whichever one grows all over western NY. It's actually a good ground cover, as long as there's nothing nearby which you do NOT want it to wrap itself around, like your favorite plants, shrubs, air conditioning unit, car or children.