Creaking Floorboards

My house is 35y old and the upstairs floor consists of large sections (8ft x 2ft) of standard flooring section. It creaks all over; seriously loud creaking which makes people in the living room below think you are coming through the ceiling. So far I've liften the boards, checked the joists are firm, resecured the boards with screws instead of mails and sprinkled liberal abounts of talcum powder around the seems. These actions seem to inprove matters for a few weeks and then the problem returns. Any ideas out there!?
Kevin
--
Kevin Duffin

read: http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/hi_floor_coverings/article/0,2037,DIY_13915_3251162,00.html