Crazy light bulb

Hello,
I've been searching Google for an answer, and several of the topics in Google pointed to this group. So, first time poster to this group.
I have those CFL's. I recently had one go out, or I should say, half way out. The bottom half, closest to the base would stay lit.
I unscrewed the light bulb, and the bottom half was still lit! This stayed lit for almost a full 3 minutes. I thought it was a fluke, but for some reason, I screwed it back in. Bottom half lights up, and when I take it out, the bottom half is still lit! I amused myself doing this over and over, till I got tired of it.
Anyways, I've saved the bulb.
My question is: Do all these bulbs do this? Does anyone know what causes this in these bulbs?
Maybe, I have a one and only, and can sell it on eBay, and be rich!!!!!! Ok, I'll wake up now.
On 5/22/2008 4:05 PM M. Marks spake thus:

No, they don't all do that. I've never seen it.
But it's easily enough explained: the electronics inside the bulb is screwed up, probably partially fried, and an electrolytic capacitor is storing enough juice to keep the bulb lit even after being unscrewed.
conversation with the average voter.
snipped-for-privacy@invalid.com wrote:

Loved it! :)

Look for an image of Jesus in there somewhere, and put that puppy on eBay! -----
- gpsman

not seen this b4, that is one screwed up mercury-vapor bulb you got there - save it for e-bay !!!
M. Marks, 5/22/2008,7:05:27 PM, wrote:

Maybe you're the one all charged up and the bulb is getting its juice from your hand.
M. Marks wrote:

I bet the engineers at G.E. or somewhere would LOVE to disassemble your bulb. Why not give 'em a call?
On Thu, 22 May 2008 19:05:27 -0400, M. Marks wrote:

Sell it on Ebay. Some nut will buy it and pay you more than enough to fund your project.

Franz Fripplfrappl

maybe its you, or nearby is a T8, or transformer, static charges lite them. In winter I get static charged with low humidity and I light up cfls on my counter, but only for a second, your bulb is defective,

Now turn off the Tesla coil. What happens?