Crayon on walls and doors

Someone kid put crayon all over the walls and doors in my rental property. What's the best way to remove it before repainting?

Reply to
smoking

snipped-for-privacy@myplace.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser available in cleaning section in supermarket.

Reply to
Marina

For wooden doors Crisco vegetable oil removes crayons.

Reply to
tnom

But then he has to remove the crisco. Maybe Goof Off. I would go to a real paint store , use what they say and the primer they recommend.

Reply to
ransley

Mineral spirits removes the wax, but there likely will be pigment left. Trust me...I know from experience (tenant in rental, about a month after the landlord painted the room). If it is alkyd paint, not latex, you might escape the stain especially on doors if semi-gloss.

Reply to
norminn

I'd have been more concerned with how to remove my boot from the child's ass then how to remove the crayon marks.

Jay

Reply to
Jay Hanig

Then you can figure out how to remove bubba's prick from your own ass in prison.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Linseed oil works , too, and doesn't necessarily have to be scrubbed off. Since it is a drying oil, after a few days it can be painted over.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

It doesn't really soak in. It just removes the crayon. Afterwards just use a little soap and water to remove the film and it disappears without a trace.

Reply to
tnom

Just get some more crayons and finish coloring the wall.

Reply to
LSMFT