Crawlspace Crickets

Hello - I have a moist crawlspace that I am about to attack and I want to aviod be attacked by crickets. I have noticed that I have a lot of crickets down there. I guess because it is dark and moist. Not the cute little chirping ones. These guys look ferocious and I was talking to my neighbor and he calls them "cave crickets". I know they hate light (they run when I shine a flash light on them), so should I just install some lights in my crawlspace and leave them on for a week or so, or is there an easier way to get those guys to move out.
Any suggestions?
johnnymo wrote:

I've had good luck with sticky traps. You can use duct tape, sticky side up, as a substitute for the store-bought traps.
http://www.bugspray.com/catalog/products/page421.html
Thanks for the link Rico. That is pretty interesting. Good to know they are harmless. They do multiply quickly.
johnnymo wrote:

I've read that they can eat cloth, but I've never seen any damage from them. They may be harmless physically but they are fairly traumatic mentally. I hate the way they jump at you half of the time instead of away. They should make really small shotguns to blast those suckers.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says... :) Hello - I have a moist crawlspace that I am about to attack and I want :) to aviod be attacked by crickets. I have noticed that I have a lot of :) crickets down there. I guess because it is dark and moist. Not the cute :) little chirping ones. These guys look ferocious and I was talking to my :) neighbor and he calls them "cave crickets". I know they hate light :) (they run when I shine a flash light on them), so should I just install :) some lights in my crawlspace and leave them on for a week or so, or is :) there an easier way to get those guys to move out. :) :) Any suggestions? :) :) You may have some luck if you can create some air circulation, which will also help with the moisture.
--
Lar

to email...get rid of the BUGS
johnnymo wrote: