Crawlspace Crickets

Hello - I have a moist crawlspace that I am about to attack and I want to aviod be attacked by crickets. I have noticed that I have a lot of crickets down there. I guess because it is dark and moist. Not the cute little chirping ones. These guys look ferocious and I was talking to my neighbor and he calls them "cave crickets". I know they hate light (they run when I shine a flash light on them), so should I just install some lights in my crawlspace and leave them on for a week or so, or is there an easier way to get those guys to move out.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
johnnymo

I've had good luck with sticky traps. You can use duct tape, sticky side up, as a substitute for the store-bought traps.

RicodJour

Thanks for the link Rico. That is pretty interesting. Good to know they are harmless. They do multiply quickly.

Reply to
johnnymo

I've read that they can eat cloth, but I've never seen any damage from them. They may be harmless physically but they are fairly traumatic mentally. I hate the way they jump at you half of the time instead of away. They should make really small shotguns to blast those suckers.

RicodJour

In article , snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com says... :) Hello - I have a moist crawlspace that I am about to attack and I want :) to aviod be attacked by crickets. I have noticed that I have a lot of :) crickets down there. I guess because it is dark and moist. Not the cute :) little chirping ones. These guys look ferocious and I was talking to my :) neighbor and he calls them "cave crickets". I know they hate light :) (they run when I shine a flash light on them), so should I just install :) some lights in my crawlspace and leave them on for a week or so, or is :) there an easier way to get those guys to move out. :) :) Any suggestions? :) :) You may have some luck if you can create some air circulation, which will also help with the moisture.

Reply to
Lar

Frogs?

Reply to