crawl space moisture

hi, I have excess moisture in my old house (~ 1930s) crawl space. It has a very small cellar and the rest is a crawl space that is only about 16 inches and includes plenty of barriers such as ducts and plumbing, and has only 2 vents. It seems that it would be good to place a vapor barrier and possibly close vents and possibly add a dehumidifier BUT due to the low crawl space it would be somewhere between extremely difficult to impossible to install a vapor barrier. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Reply to
klaudon

Thats a tough problem. 16" is not enough room for anyone to do a lot of work under there. You say you have "excess moisture". Exactly what type of problem is this moisture creating?

Reply to
Lawrence

it has exposed earth for a floor?

if so you need a vapor barrier...

Mark

Reply to
Mark

You can buy plastic on a wide roll and push it with poles. Or get a skinny miget.

Reply to
m Ransley

Reply to
klaudon

Reply to
klaudon

Reply to
klaudon

have you tried a fan, to keep the air moving?

Reply to
readandpostrosie