crawl space dehumidifier

My crawl space in Virginia is still somewhat damp -- never really dried out after the hurricane and it is mid winter here. I have redone the moisture barrier, realigned the downspouts, etc. I am considering a dehumidifier down there for summertime -- does anyone know a unit that is fairly horizontal? This is a crawl space, not a basement.
On 11 Feb 2004 17:10:18 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (Power Cat) wrote:

My crawl space is 24" high. I use a small upright unit, 15 qt capacity I believe. The unit is controlled by a humidistat (dehumidistat?) which I rigged up. It is set for 55% relative humidity. A hose was attached to the dehumidifier's drain and the end was placed through a hole in the moisture barrier to allow the condensate to escape into the dirt. It works very well.
Gary Please remove XXX in email address if email reply is desired.