Crappy concrete I want to cover.

It was over finished so it's smooth and suffers from damage in the winter. I was going to build a wood floor over it but have been considering a surface coat of colored concrete. I would like to roll my own topping mix so was wondering if anyone had done this. What admixes would you use. How much Portlands 1 to 3 sand?
snipped-for-privacy@noad.here wrote:

I would not bother. Use one of the latex products. Topping never seems to work using traditional products.
--
Joseph Meehan

Dia\'s Muire duit

I want a black sparkly surface. I can't find a premix that will give me that except at prices 15 times that of portlands cement. I found some super plasticizer and silica fume now I just need a good admix glue. I'm thinking Elmer's wood glue as an admix might do the job.