Craftsman Weedwacker 172.74533

Fan (which holds spool) fell off motor shaft. Need to know what attaches it to shaft? Have spoken to about 20 people (Sears, etc) with 14 telephone numbers, plus local Sears store and unable to tell me what holds fan to shaft? Have many new replacement parts that I ordered as Sears parts said it just slid on to the shaft, NO? Has to be something there to hold it on? Must be some kind of Clip or Screw? Manual exploded view does not show what holds it.

Reply to
James Tansey

replying to James Tansey, Keith wrote: Sorry to see you didn't ever get a reply for this question, as I have precisely the same question (9 years later!). I have the new fan part but there seems to be some sort of pin (or rivet, screw, etc.) that needs to be inserted through a hole in the plastic part and into a hole on the metal shaft. I'll keep researching.... KJ ( snipped-for-privacy@charter.net)

Reply to
Keith