Craftsman riding mower question

I just acquired a used 10 hp 36" deck riding mower. My question is the motor, I can't find a single sticker, placard, stamp of any kind telling me what brand motor it is. I believe it's a Briggs&Stratton but I can't tell for sure. It has one sticker on it that says Craftsman. Didn't all the older Craftsman riders come with a B&S? I'm tring to find a replacement muffler. The one attached is the oddest looking one I've ever seen.

Reply to
gntry

Try going to

and entering the model number of the mower. They have diagrams for most all their stuff, even older, and you should be able to drill down to the engine. You will probably even be able to order the muffler from them if you like.

HTH,

Paul

Reply to
Paul Franklin

That should work but Sears is no longer stocking parts for old mowers. Also, I replaced the "muffler" on my Tecumseh engine but it didn't decrease the noise. They explained to me that it actually a spark arrester, not a real muffler. I have been seeking a muffler that will bolt on but no luck so far.

Reply to
Stubby

Sears outlet stores stock a lot of parts and if you don't have an outlet store close, you can just order it from their site.

Reply to
Ron

I have a Craftsman 10 hp rider with a 30" deck. The mower was made for Sears by Murray and the engine is a B&S. It does have a somewhat odd muffler like an inverted "L", held on with 2 bolts thru a strap plus a side tab w/bolt. If that matches yours, the part # is 33280A.

Bob S.

Reply to
Bob S.