Craftsman mower engine speed too fast!

Hello all,
I have a 6.75 HP 22" Rear discharge power-propelled rotary lawn mower Model 917.377690 with a Tecumseh Vector engine.
A month ago, the mounting flange gasket broke and oil was spewing out all over the place. I took the engine apart, replaced the gasket, and started it up.
The engine now revs waaaayy faster than it did before.
The only thing I can think of is that while I had the Governor linkage bar off, in my anal-ness, I straightened the bends in the linkage bar and now the governor control of the throttle has been messed up. Does anyone have a picture of what the linkage bar's bends should be?
Any other things I should check?
BTW, overspeeding an engine burns out oil in a big way :)
Appreciate the help!
VR/
John
yeah the bends set ther speed. have you tried reforming them?