Craftsman Lawn tractor Wiring Harness

I have 2002 Sears Craftsman LTX 1000 Garden Tractor/Lawnmower/Desert Gold color 42 inch cut, electric PTO blade clutch. Mgf. model # 944.601751 The problem is the main electric wiring harness running between the ignition keyed switch and the main fuse has melted due to an electrical short. I need to replace the entire wiring harness and I am unable to find a part number for the wiring harness or who actually made the tractor for Sears. Call to Sears customer Service are no help, they need a part number. Any ideas out there who in the USA would have actually manufactured the wiring harness? Thanks
##-----------------------------------------------## Delivered via http://www.thestuccocompany.com/ Building Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 356706 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##
redwing30 wrote:

My manual has a part number for the harness. Look again or download a PDF manual.

Your tractor should have come with two manuals--one of them is devoted to a parts breakdown of all the systems of the tractor including the wiring harness. You should also be able to view it on-line based on the tractor model number. MLD