Craftsman garage door opener question

Hi folks,
We just bought a house, it was from an estate. The garage door opener has a keypad on the outside. Is there a way to find out the code, or is the keypad just a lost cause?
TIA, Rich
If its a craftsman its probably a Stanley , you can most likely find re-program instructions on the net, Google.
Is it a gray pad?I have instructions on how to re-program the key pad, you will also have to change the dip switches on the overhead unit in the garage and on the remotes that are in the car.

Craftsman Garage door openers have been made by LiftMaster/Chamberlain for more than 35 years (and they still are).
The key pad at the door (if it is wireless and brown) can be reset to a new code by TWO people, one inside at the power head has t press the button until the led comes on and the person at the door enters the new 4 digit code. If it is gray/tan it is newer and can be done at the door by one person.
Craftsman are not Genies. They are Chamberlains. Go to www.chamberlain.com and they'll give you instructions on reprogramming. If you have 'rolling codes' I'm pretty sure you just have to hold it up to the unit, press the red button and then put your new numbers in.

That is correct they are made by Chamberlain

the
You can just reprogram in a new code. How you do this depends on the age of the unit. You may be able to download an owners manual from Sear's web site, if they have one. The owners manual is good to have in the event you need to adjust the door opening and such. Dave