Craftsman Garage Door Opener

Hi Everyone - I could use some help. I had a Craftsman Garage door opener, CLicker Model CLK1 which mounts outside the garage door so you can key in your code to open the door. It required a 4 digit pin. That opener died and I bought a new Clicker from Sears, however that new clicker requires a 5 digit pin instead of the 4 digit. I need to change my pin number but I cannot find the instructions.
The instructions for the old clicker, which I have, said to change the pin do the following:
Enter the existing 4-digit pin and the * key Enter thenew 4-digit pin and the * key
I tried doing this except entering a 5 digit key but it does not work
Does anyone have the instructions for the clicker with the 5 digit pin?
I would appreciate it very much.
Don Wood
I don't think the older 4-digit keypads will work with the newer openers that require the 5-digit code. Newer technology uses more secure digital signals that aren't compatible.

You can download the instructions here: http://www.garagedoorsupply.com/A2517M.pdf
Rich http://www.garagedoorsupply.com