Craftsman Garadge door problem - doesnt close

Craftsman Garage door opener
Several symptoms- 1) Doesn't open from remote (sometimes) 2) Will try to close but will stop 1/4 down and then go back up. 3) Will only close 100% when holding down button from inside the garage.
Not sure where to start. Any suggestions?
kubie

Start with the sensors at the bottom of the tracks, make sure they are working and unobstructed, a spider web is enough to break the beam.

I get this occassionally. The most likely is what Eric noted - some small obstruction over the beam. Second, in my experience, is that one of the sensors got bumped and is misaligned. Check your manual for resettign them. Thirdly, is a dying battery in your remote.
c snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

The sensors (as mentioned in previous posts) are good candidates. My opener has a resistance setting where it reverses if too much resistance is encountered. Perhaps your opener has a similar setting and you can just tweak it to increase the limit? Of course, your door might be encountering more physical resistance due to a vehicle impact or some other recent change (in that case increasing the limit may not be wise, at least not long term).
-- gorf