Craftsman Garadge door problem - doesnt close

Craftsman Garage door opener

Several symptoms- 1) Doesn't open from remote (sometimes) 2) Will try to close but will stop 1/4 down and then go back up. 3) Will only close 100% when holding down button from inside the garage.

Not sure where to start. Any suggestions?

kubie

Reply to
c_kubie

Start with the sensors at the bottom of the tracks, make sure they are working and unobstructed, a spider web is enough to break the beam.

Reply to
Eric in North TX

I get this occassionally. The most likely is what Eric noted - some small obstruction over the beam. Second, in my experience, is that one of the sensors got bumped and is misaligned. Check your manual for resettign them. Thirdly, is a dying battery in your remote.

Reply to
C & E

The sensors (as mentioned in previous posts) are good candidates. My opener has a resistance setting where it reverses if too much resistance is encountered. Perhaps your opener has a similar setting and you can just tweak it to increase the limit? Of course, your door might be encountering more physical resistance due to a vehicle impact or some other recent change (in that case increasing the limit may not be wise, at least not long term).

-- gorf

Reply to
gorf