Craftsman Dumps Lifetime Warranty?

There has just been a discussion of this over in rec.crafts.metalworking. I could be wrong, but after a quick look through the Sears website I found no mention of the Craftsman tool lifetime warranty anywhere. They used to hype it quite a bit...
Guess I may to have to start buying tools again, haven't done that since the 70's. I've just been returning the broken/worn ones over and over, it was a good deal!
Kinda of sad in a way, for years now that was the last remaining reason to go near their stores.
Erik

When you bought they had a lifetime warranty. I would question why they would discontinue the lifetime warranty, there are other CO. offering it also. But then again K-mart is at the helm now

Which supports the reason to not offer the lifetime warranty any more. If you only go there to exchange your tools and don't purchase anything else, where is the profit margin in that?
Don't know what website your looking at but just checked out a few tools on the sears website & it clearly states "Unconditional Lifetime Warranty". Don't panic all is well.

If you read the whole article you have to take them to K-Mart for the exchange. The theory being the service is so bad you'll just say screw it.
MCL wrote:

Correct, it's either someone not reading the details, or yet another bogus Craftsman bashing attempt, or both.
Pete C.
Erik wrote:

You didn't look very hard, it is most certainly still there though their site isn't promoting it very well. Go to the Sears and/or Craftsman sites and browse to an actual Craftsman hand tool listing. Select the product specifications tab and look at the "General warranty" line and you'll see "Full Unlimited", "Lifetime", "Guaranteed Forever" or similar synonymous description.
Pete C.

Hmmm... clicking the 'product specifications' tab produces nothing for me... tried two browsers too.
Erik
Erik wrote:

Sounds like a Javascript issue.
Pete C.