Craftsman (again) Return Policy?

Sometimes that works, if the store manager is good, and other times it just leads to more frustration on your part and more FAIL on the part of the store/company. Get familiar with Consumerist.com and the phrase "executive email carpet bomb".

Reply to
Kyle

Results also depend, very much, on the words and attitude you take.

Lou

Reply to
LouB

No, i just use the items for what they were intended. And i haven't found any good use for WD-40. If i need kerosene, then i pick up the kerosene can and use it. _I_ use my power tools everyday. The craftsman junk won't hold up to that service. Neither will B&D anymore. Sadly, neither make things like they used to. 'course you being a once a month handyman, wouldn't know anything about daily hard use of tools.

thanks for the inquiry.

Reply to
Steve Barker

you need to try again and get the store manager involved in front of a bunch of customers. Raise voice as needed whilst you are telling them "WHAT!?! You won't warranty a lifetime warranty tool???"

Steve Barker

Wouldn't a ratchet have moving parts? People have had them replaced.

Reply to
Charles Bishop

Will they accept a copy of a receipt rather than the original? I could see them being suspucious of abuse if they allowed copies.

Reply to
Charles Bishop

Thankfully? I'd say more like those that don't deserve to be reported to Sears corporate for being complete tools.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I have been into Sears stores that will not replace them because of this. Thankfully some do.

Jimmie

Reply to
JIMMIE

Saving your receipt using your scanner is an excellent idea. One feature scanners need is a one button way to scan the file to the computer without actually sitting down at the keyboard.

Reply to
metspitzer

My Mictrotek 6000 has such a button, but you do have to title and direct the output file. In addition, you have to wait and wait and wait because it is the dumbest scanner I've ever owned. I think it's going to accidentally fall off the table someday. And it seems every version of the drivers gets worse and worse instead of better. Now beside waiting for the lamp to warm up, even though it just scanned 5 seconds ago, it wants to scan everything in some super slow mode. I admit that I haven't Googled this problem, just hacked at it myself to try, without luck, for some improvement.

Reply to
Art Todesco

heh.

I have two scanners, a Canon flatbed and an all-in-one deal that I don't even remember who it's made by. (the latter now living in the girlie's office, despite having been a present from her. IT's OK, I'll buy her car parts for xmas.)

Both have such a button, but I can't remember ever having said button function...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

You usually have to program these buttons to work. On my dump Microtek, there is a separate program to set up the buttons. The scanner still works bad. It's getting closer to the edge of the table.

Reply to
Art Todesco

snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (Charles Bishop) wrote in news:ctbishop-1704091758050001@dialup-4.246.238.120.dial1.sanjose1.level3 .net:

Depends... :-)

Reply to
Red Green

metspitzer wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

At one time, and maybe they still do, there was a separate business card scanner for such small items.

Reply to
Red Green

Reply to
Granby