Craftman Cordless Drill

Page 2 of 2

Or to each other. Soldering is soldering.

You'll never see the difference once you put it in the battery case and put the top on.

The tabs are of soft metal and can be easily folded to what ever angle you need to meet the tab from the next battery. Squeeze the fold with a pair of longnose pliers and it's nearly flat as the tab. True it's not pretty, but once in the case no one will see it.

My point exactly. Those batteries were soldered without destroying them, contrary to some other's opinions.
Red
Red wrote:

I've never seen a battery pack that has batteries soldered together. They are spot welded, higher heat, much less time, battery stays cool.

But they never come that way, they are all welded with the taps pointing the proper direction.

Have you seen any factory built battery packs with taps bent at angles and soldered together? If so it's very rare.

Right, but the way battery packs are put together, you would have to solder onto the ends of the batteries instead of on solder tabs. That is not good for the battery.

Green